Saturday, April 30, 2016

SQ8 Hatcam Notes

 Got an SQ8 camera to try as a hatcam.  It has a nice clip system.  I made an adapter out of instamorph,  Even if the camera turns out to be a dud, I'm super impressed with how well the instamorph holds on to the brim of the hat.

I'll try it out "for real" soon and report back on image quality, etc. So far not too bad for $20.

I think I need to get a faster memory card though.  1080p carries about 15 FPS.

Some stats: 720p, about 6Mbps, 29.79 FPS; 1080p, a bit less than 15FPS.

The way I've got it mounted now holds the camera upside down.  Here's the incantation to flip the image and convert to h.264.  The duplicate transpose items aren't a type.


    ffmpeg -i PICT0002.AVI -vf transpose=2,transpose=2 out22.mov



blogodex = {"toc" : "SQ8", "idx" : ["hatcam", "video", "instamorph"];

No comments:

Post a Comment